2022 Health Renewal Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is Argus supporting my company during the COVID-19 pandemic?
With many businesses continuing to face uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are actively partnering with our clients to address their specific circumstances. We will also continue to provide access to quality affordable healthcare offering Safeguard Plus for businesses working to recover and revive.
2. How will my company’s premium be calculated this year?
This year’s premium calculations remain the same as in previous years. Your total premium will be inclusive of the Standard Premium Rate (SPR) and your Supplementary Premium, as follows:
Standard Premium Rate (SPR)
The SPR, which includes the Mutual Reinsurance Fund (MRF) levy that Argus pays to the Government on your behalf, currently remains at $400.31 per month per insured adult.
The premiums for supplemental medical, dental and vision care benefits are administered by Argus and adjustments will vary by company and/or account under policy and are based on:
- Your plan’s claims experience over a three-year period
- General medical inflation
- Group demographics
- Trends in service utilisation
- Claims experience for our entire book of business
- Your benefits plan
3. Has the Bermuda Government made additional amendments to the Bermuda Health Plan?
For more information regarding the Government’s proposed changes to the Bermuda Health Plan, click here.
4. What is Argus doing to reduce the escalating costs of healthcare?
As we journey beyond COVID-19, our goal remains the same: to lead with compassion and to support the ongoing needs of our clients. We will remain agile in providing access to quality affordable healthcare offering Safeguard Plus for businesses working to recover and revive. We will also support the health and wellness of our members and their dependents through our signature Thrive. population health programme and pilot Diabetes Rewind Programme.
5. What tools are available to help my employees better manage their healthcare?
Supporting your employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing is our priority. We encourage your company and employees to take full advantage of the broad range of Thrive. tools and resources, which are available at no additional cost. Our Get Up & Thrive. programme, powered by the app Tictrac, can be customised to help employees build healthy habits. Tictrac measures your activity against a weekly target of 150 active minutes - meet this goal and we'll reward you $5 each week, that's up to $260 a year! All rewards will be paid on a quarterly basis through our electronic funds transfer service.
Contact Shakira Warner, our Population Health Specialist, at 294-5736 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how Thrive. can support your workplace wellness programme.
6. What are the benefits of using our online employer and employee portal Argus Vantage?
With Vantage, our secure online portal, you only need one username and password to view your Argus Health and Pension (if applicable) accounts.
With Vantage you can:
- Access your Group plans, reports, administration documents as well as health and wellness resources, 24/7
- Add and remove members and dependents, across all plan types, without the need for paper forms
- Keep track of the status of your requests throughout the enrollment process
- Enjoy increased privacy and data security with member records stored electronically
- Easily search for employee and dependent details through the new Manage Member option
- Quickly download claims and census reports, and your schedule of benefits
With Vantage, using a single username and password, your employees, their dependent(s) and spouse can obtain a total view of their Argus Health accounts. Using a desktop, tablet or smartphone, Vantage provides easy access to the tools and resources needed to help them to better manage their accounts. Vantage users can:
- Access employee benefits information 24/7
- View health benefits
- Submit claims online
- View and print ID cards from home
- Access digital wellness tools and challenges with Get Up & Thrive.
Please contact your Relationship Manager or a member of the Relationship Management Team on 298-0888 or email email@example.com to discuss your health plan options.